Yippy!!!!! I'm a blogger...Well I don't know if I really deserve a "blogger" title just yet. I've been wanting to start a blog now for months and I've been blog stocking all my friends now for too long...I can loose myself reading for many hours that should have been used studying. I've even thought multiple times about what I would write about if I had one of my own. I just wasn't sure if I was committed enough to participate regularly. Well today I got together with some of my Wisconsin girlfriends to learn how to make the most decadent Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake in the WORLD (which I will talk about shortly) !! While we were waiting for the cheesecakes to bake, and discussing the addictive nature of blogs, my friend Karen decided I needed to start mine right then. So we jumped online and the next thing you know, I have a darling new blog affectionatly named "Tooths of Wisdom", aauuhhh, I love it! (thanks Karen for lending me some of your whitty naming skills.) Now I just have to work on my writing skills. I've never liked writing much, I was a math and science nerd growing up and always struggled expressing myself in writing, but ask me to tell you about an anatomy topic or do your algebra homework and my eyes will light up! I sometimes envy those who are so creative in the ways they describe everyday activities. So this will be great practice for me. Not to mention I've been wanting to keep a family record of what goes on in our lives here in Wisconsin. Mike and I are the only ones here in the frozen Midwest, and I think this is a fun way for me to share what we are up to so far away from home. That's just a short start on getting to know me.
So back to the cheesecake...It has a shortbread crust (who doesn't love the buttery flavor and texture), topped with a Caramel and pecan layer and the chocolate cheesecake finishes it off. A girlfriend from my old singles ward made it for this last Thanksgiving. She said she researched like 6 different recipes and compiled them to make this most amazing desert, it totally blows Cheesecake Factory out of the water. This cheesecake is not for the faint of heart, just one slice may make your wide leg jeans look like skinnies. We even added butter to the shortbread! In the 3 cheesecakes we made we used 9, yea NINE packages of philadephia cream cheese. The sad part is it has to refridgerate over night, and it's Fast Sunday tommorrow. So you know I'll be hoovering it down when we get home from afternoon church! Luckily, Linda and I vowed to split a cheesecake between our families. I can't wait for tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hooray for new blogs, and hooray for cheesecake!
Yay! You're a blogger!
I loved the line about wide jeans turning into skinnies. Happens all too often...
Yay!!!:-) this is so so so cool! Why do you have to live so far away we would have LOVED to share your yummy cheesecake. All is well on the home front. Love you tons to the tenth power (your such a math nerd) love mom and mary
Post a Comment