What is more enjoyable than spending the entire day with the one you love...I can't think of many things. Our valentines started out great as we went and picked out the new stove/oven for our newly remodeled kitchen. We had the most romantic plans for our first real all out cooked meal since the kitchen project started. We were both giddy with excitement deciding what it was we really wanted to have for this eventful meal. Mike decided on Parmesan chicken and sparkling cider. When we got to the appliance store, they informed us that the warehouse closed at 12:30 on Saturdays so we wouldn't be able to pick up the stove. Seriously who closes their warehouse that early on the most shopped day of the week?
Very disappointed we decided to opt for plan B: lunch at Chili's on our way home from running errands. We thought it the best way to beat the crowds and still get to go out together. We both got the never ending salad and soup, with chips and salsa...it was delish! Mike opted for the Cesar, and I stuck with the house salad. I love their potato soup, so that is all I chose, Mike tried the new southwest chili, and chicken enchilada. We both left very full and satisfied. When we arrived home we decided a nap would be best to settle our tummies.
Mike woke up feeling very ill, and took a sudden turn for the worst. I have never in my life seen such violent vomiting! I lost track after 9 times. It started out as undigested products from lunch, when to completely clear liquids, then to yellow and green as he exhausted what was left in him. We spent the entire evening up in the bathroom at 20 minute intervals. By 6:30 the next morning I thought Mike had given everything he had in him to the porcelain potty. He finally fell asleep, his poor sore body from all the heaving. I went to church to give my last lesson to my favorite primary kids. When I returned home to him he looked deceivingly better. But the heaving started all over again with two meer bites of Jello and a single sip of Gatorade. My poor valentine was so lethargic and had lost 6 lbs in a meer 12 hrs. We spent Sunday relaxing and trying to get him to sleep. He wasn't fully recovered until the next Tuesday. He has had the smallest appetite ever since this event (I'm a little jealous, now I'm eating the brunt of most our meals). I'm sure that is the last time we will be dining at Chili's for Valentines day, or maybe ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dang! What a crappy valentines day! You know, if they could figure out how to lose that much weight in twelve hours without throwing up, I would SO do that diet! Noah got some kind of food poisoning the other day as well. I stopped counting after about 15 times. Glad he is feeling better!
Yowza! Papa Murphy's got me a little while ago (tho not as bad as poor Mike it sounds like!), but that didn't stop Travis from bringing home another pizza a little too soon for my liking...
Post a Comment