Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home on the Range

So I've been wanting to post about our trip home to Utah this month, and actually started this post on the 6th of July, well now the month is almost over and it's still not up! I think this is because I'm busy reading everyone else's blog, and not caring for my own.

So we went home to celebrate the happy marriage of James and Stephanie Anderson. It was a whirlwind the first few days as we helped get the last minute things ready for the reception and luncheon. The Spencer family is so creative and put the whole thing together on their own with details that just blew your socks off. Late the night before the wedding Sharon (mikes mom) was printing off the menus for the luncheon and the printer jammed with how thick the silver paper was. So we rushed to Kinko's at 11:25 pm, just 25 min before they closed, (here all of the girls in our pj's at Kinko's, notice the clock...12:02 am) we even caused them to stay open a half an hour later, the finished project was well worth it! The caramel chocolate pretzels were even homemade!
During dinner the night before we reminded Steph that she would now be the only one in the family who is no longer a Spencer, sad huh! She is the only girl, but James is the only boy passing on the "Anderson" name, so I guess it works out evenly. Steph's best friend Kayleanne came in to town for the celebration, they look like they could be twins! Here they are doing wedding hair and makeup the morning of. Kayleanne is amazingly talented, for her toast to James and Steph she sang a song that was so awesome, she would easily kick anyone's butt from American Idol! The wedding was beautiful! Steph was one of the most calm brides I have ever been around. She was cool with whatever happened. We were arranging the bouquets for the wedding luncheon ourselves the night before, and ran out of flowers for her bouquet, we had to rush to Albertsons the morning of and grab as many green and yellow flowers we could come across to throw one together as we were off to the temple. She was not even flustered by it.

The weather was perfect, blue skies set against the most pristine Wasatch Mountains (Aaaahhhh mountains!). They were sealed in the Timpanogos Temple on Friday. I haven't been to a sealing since Mike and I were married and it was so neat to watch the couple and to be reminded of the promises we made just under a year ago.

Aren't the Spencer Men handsome!!! And doesn't Mike look just like his dad! Their personalities are very similar to, so every time we are home I'm constantly entertained by the sarcastic humor that sounds as if its coming from my husband, but is from my father in law...ahh now I see where Mike gets it!


We made a long tunnel for the couple to run through as we bid farewell at the end of the night. It worked out perfectly that it was so close to the 4th of July! Aren't the sparklers romantic!Congratulations Stephanie and James Anderson! We are so excited for the two of you and can't wait to see you again soon! Come see us in WI!

1 comment:

T & E's Blog said...

I love weddings! Great pics!