Thursday, October 29, 2009

Do I know you?

I must have one of those faces. About bi-monthly some random person will stop me and start talking like I should know who they are, or say "Hey Sarah, or Jenny, or Kate", be it at the grocery store, hospital, church, mall, or even walking the dog, it happens everywhere. In high school and college it was always "do you have an older sister, I think I know her"-nope I'm the oldest, with no other brunette female relatives in the area. OR, you look just like my friend_____.

Last week at a stake young women's activity one of the Men walked up and started talking about some meeting he thought I was in with him and what I thought of it. Then today as I'm leaving work, one of the housekeepers says "Hey, I thought you were on 3rd shift today". I was neither of the people they thought. I must look remarkably like someone everyone knows. Got me thinking, maybe I need to distinguish my look...what do you think?



3 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Holy cow - the same thing happens to me sometimes... I've decided I must have a "generic face" if I look like that many other people in the world. I can't tell you how many times someone says, "Holy cow - you look exactly like my cousin," or some such thing.

Megan Gubler said...

That is funny! Usually when someone says that to me they know my sister or something. Hope all is well. Will you be at the basketball game on Thursday? If you are can't wait to chat.

T & E's Blog said...

Believe it or not this happens to me ALL the time too!!! In fact I just took Emma to a music class and one of the other moms insisted on knowing me. I have no idea who this lady is. And I have numerous stories from college where I have full in-depth conversations with people because they think they know me. And I guess I'm too nice (or too embarrassed) to correct them. So I just go with it! Ha!