Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ra-Ra-Raquettes!!

Yea for Christmas. After last nights 'Holiday Extravaganza' (more pictures to come) I'm so ready and excited for Christmas. Really I think my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, so I don't usually like how it gets trumped out by being between Halloween and Christmas, those holidays seem to overtake the shopping market well before their times. But I'm really in the decorating and holiday spirit after last night. There were so many amazing parts it would be hard to pick a favorite. As the show progressed I thought my favorite part would be going through a tour of New york at Christmas. They had this large screen behind the Rockettes, who were dancing in the tour bus, and we drove all through the city in all it's holiday glory. Now I really want to go to New York some year around the holidays!



Then I thought, the hundreds or thousands of dancing Santa's could be a tie for my favorite, they were very entertaining, and somehow made my dislike for so many "dressed up/fake Santa's" go away.


But I think the scene that took the cake would have to be when the family sat down to read the First Christmas story and the stage changed into Bethlehem. I did a double take when some shepperd's were holding what looked like fake fluffy sheep, but they were REAL! And as the procession of wise men and their followers came on stage there were two GIANT CAMELS.....Live camels! They were all dressed up like the wise men. I was so impressed! Thanks to the girls who invited me, I had a blast! And it's something that would make a fun family tradition someday!

1 comment:

Pam Emmons said...

How fun! I am jealous! I think we will try to see the Rockettes here.